Director of Bands: Mr. Simon Holoweiko
Record of Accomplishments
- One of the most successful Marching Bands in the State of Florida for more than 25 years.
- Received SUPERIOR at FBA Marching Assessment for over 25+ years.
- Received SUPERIOR at the Crown Jewel Marching Festival since we began participation in 1992.
- Won First Place in the 1994 St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York.
- Marched in Jeb Bush’s Inaugural Parade.
- Marched in a Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
- Invited to Washington DC, to perform in 2 Presidential Inagural Parades.
- Invited to help dedicate the new WWII Memorial in Washington, DC.
SYMPHONIC WIND ORCHESTRA
SUPERIOR at all FBA District events since 1981.SUPERIOR at FBA State Assessment every year but one since 1985.
Sweepstakes Champions at the Atlanta Music Festival in 1998.
- First Place in Concert at the 1998 Atlanta Music Festival.
- Received the Otto J. Kraushaauer Award 14 times since 1985.
- The only High School Band in the Martin County School District to Earn Straight Superior Ratings at the 2006 FBA State Concert Band Assessment.
- First Place in Auxilliaries at the 1998 Atlanta Music Festival.
- Numerous SUPERIORS at Crown Jewel and FBA Marching Assessments and FBA Indoor Guard Assessments..
- Promoted from AAA to AA during 2004 Indoor Season for SUPERIOR Performance.
- SUPERIOR at 2005 Music in Motion Summer Camp.
- “AAA” Award for Most Outstanding School at 2005 Music in Motion Summer Camp.
Band Program Categories:
COLOR GUARD is the visual ensemble of the Tiger Regiment. Members of the Color Guard are regular members of the Band Program, having their class 4th Block, and practice after school with the other sections of the band during Marching Season in the Fall. The Winter/Spring term is Indoor Guard season, with numerous regional and FBA/FFCC competetive events.
CONCERT BAND is comprised of students whose performance experience is not as extensive as that of students in the Symphonic Band. Membership is based on audition and/or Director recommendation. The Concert Band has class 1st Block and marches as part of the Tiger Regiment in the Fall, and then participates in local concerts and District events as the Concert Wind Orchestra in the Winter/Spring.
SYMPHONIC BAND is the showcase performing musical organization in the Martin County HS Band Program. Membership is based on audition and/or Director recommendation. The Symphonic Band has class 3rd Block and marches as part of the Tiger Regiment in the Fall. They represent MCHS at FBA events and festivals at the District and State levels. The Symphonic Band becomes the Symphonic Wind Orchestra in the Winter/Spring. They perform concerts in the school and community throughout the year.
TIGER REGIMENT is the name of the Martin County High School Marching Band. This unit is comprised of students from the Symphonic Band, the Concert Band, and the Color Guard. Performances include Parades, Football Games, Contests and Festivals.